Officers & Directors
Liam Balfour, CFA
Chief Executive Officer
- Founder and Chief Executive Officer of New Wave since 2012
- Over 12 years in capital markets including oil and gas and service investment banking and equity research
- Previously Director, Investment Banking at Jennings Capital Inc., an independent boutique investment dealer
James Humen, CA, CPA
Vice President Finance & Chief Financial Officer
- Vice President, Finance & Chief Financial Officer responsible for leading New Wave’s finance, accounting, treasury, and risk management functions.
- Mr. Humen is a Chartered Accountant (Alberta), Chartered Professional Accountant (Alberta), and holds a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of Alberta.
- Previously Controller of New Wave, Senior Investment Banking Associate with Mackie Research, Equity Analyst with Jennings Capital, and Senior Associate with MNP LLP.
Reginald Greenslade - Chairman
- Over 25 years in the oil and gas industry
- Founder and Director of Spartan Energy Corp. (SPE-TSX); Spartan Oil Corp. (269% ROI) and Spartan Exploration (500% ROI)
- Former Director, President & CEO Tuscany International Drilling Inc.; Founder, Chairman, President and CEO: Enterra Energy Trust, Enterra Energy Corp., Big Horn Resources Ltd. (market capitalization increased from $1.4 million to over $1 billion)
Liam Balfour, CFA
- Chief Executive Officer of New Wave Energy Services Group Ltd.
- Executive Vice President, US Operations of New Wave Energy Services Group Ltd.
- Partner, Stikeman Elliot in the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions Groups.
- Previously a Partner, McCarthy Tétrault, LLP specializing in all aspects of public and private company creation, growth and value maximization.
- Has acted as counsel to public and private oil and gas producers, energy service companies and investment banks in a broad range of M&A transactions and debt and equity financing’s. Also advises on corporate governance and compliance matter.
- Corporate Secretary to Spartan Energy Corp. and Relentless Resources Ltd.